Whenever you add/update your page/gallery/blog post title and thumbnail image in your Pixpa website, the first thing you probably want to do is share it on social/search channels like Facebook, Twitter and Google, right? But all these channels take some time (hours to days) to show your newest updated content (Title and featured image) which can be very annoying.
Good news is you can force Facebook and Twitter to purge the cache right away and Google to reindex/recrawl your pages in few hours only. Scroll down to see how:
In this article
- How to force Facebook to purge cached data
- How to force twitter to purge cached data
- How to force Google to re-index/re-crawl your site data
- How to force telegram to update the link preview
Force Facebook to purge cached data
If your thumbnail image or page/gallery/folder title is not coming up on Facebook, you need to purge the Facebook cached data. Follow these simple steps:
- Copy the URL of the page for which thumbnail image is not showing up.
- Go to this link after logging in any Facebook account – https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/
- Paste the URL in the box and click on the Fetch New Scrape Information. That’s it. Now share your page on Facebook again. You would see the updated content.
Force Twitter to purge cached data
If your thumbnail image or page/gallery/folder title is not coming up on Twitter, you need to purge the Twitter cached data. Follow these simple steps:
- Copy the URL of the page for which thumbnail image and title is not showing up.
- Go to twitter validator – https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator
- Click on “Preview Card” to purge the cache and get updated data.
Force Google to (re)index / (re)crawl your pages
Google’s process of indexing your site, and subsequently displaying it in search results, is automated. It can sometimes take months before your site is listed or before any changes you make are reflected in your search results. You can not directly define when Google’s indexing takes place and what rank they assign your pages, however you can prompt them to re-index via Google’s Search Console Tool (earlier know as webmaster).
- First of all, you need to setup your Google Search Console account. Click here to see how.
- Once you’ve verified, ask Google to (re)index/crawl your pages using the URL Inspection tool. Add your specific URL of the page for which data is not showing up or use / (forward slash) to fetch root url and hit enter.
- Google will check the availability of the page and return the respective status. Now hit “Request Indexing” button to reindex them. Click here to know more.
Apart from this, if you have large number of URLs to submit, it is easier to submit a sitemap instead. Both methods are about the same in terms of response times.
Force Telegram to purge cached data
If your thumbnail image or page/gallery/folder title is not coming up on Telegram, you need to purge the Telegram cached data. Follow these simple steps:
Go to @webpagebot and send the URL of the page for which thumbnail image is not showing up. Telegram will scan your link and generate the new image thumbnail, title and description.