Whenever you add/update your page/gallery/blog post title and featured image in your Pixpa website, the first thing you probably want to do is share it on social/search channels like Facebook, Twitter and Google, right? But all these channels take some time (hours to days) to show your newest updated content (Title and featured image) which can be very annoying.
Good news is you can force Facebook and Twitter to purge the cache right away and Google to reindex/recrawl your pages in few hours only. Scroll down to see how:
Force Facebook to purge cached data
If your featured image or page/gallery/group title is not coming up on Facebook you need to purge the Facebook cached data. Follow these simple steps:
1. Copy the URL of the page for which featured image is not showing up.
2. Go to this link after logging in any Facebook account – https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/
3. Paste the URL in the box and click on the Fetch New Scrape Information. That’s it.
Now share your page on Facebook again. You would see the updated content.
Force Twitter to purge cached data
You need to validate to purge the cache.
- Copy the URL of the page for which featured image and title is not showing up.
- Go to twitter validator – https://cards-dev.twitter.com/validator
- Click on “Preview Card” to purge the cache and get updated data.
Force Google to (re)index / (re)crawl your pages
First of all, you need to add your website (a property) to setup and verify your Google Webmaster Account. Click here to see how.
Once you’ve verified, ask Google to (re)index/crawl your pages using the Fetch as Google tool. Add your page url or leave blank to fetch root page and click on fetch and render button. Google will check the availability of the page and return the respective status. Now hit “Request Index” button to reindex them. Click here to know more.
Apart from this, if you have large number of URLs to submit, it is easier to submit a sitemap instead. Both methods are about the same in terms of response times.