Pixpa has integrated Fotomoto to enable you to sell your images as prints or downloads. Fotomoto is an e-commerce system that gives independent photographers and web publishers the power to sell their work on their own site.
How do I integrate Fotomoto into my Pixpa website?
1. Sign up for a FotoMoto account: Visit www.fotomoto.com and click the Sign Up button in the upper right corner of the page.
2. Fill in the required information to set up your account, and when you are asked to select a Publishing Platform, select “None, I have a custom made website”. Select “I am not using any script or template” as the template option.
3. Copy your Fotomoto Site Key: On the last step of the signup process, you will be instructed to copy the Fotomoto Script. For Pixpa, you will only want to copy the long alpha-numeric portion of the Fotomoto Script, as shown below highlighted in the script that you would get:
4. Add the Site Key to Pixpa: Just paste the site ID in to Fotomoto Site Key field on the Fotomoto Settings tab in Pixpa settings section and click Save.
5. Enable Ecommerce for the Photo Galleries that you want make ecommerce enabled: Go to the specific Galleries tab from the Build section in your Pixpa Studio. Click on the Settings button in the Gallery. Please note that Fotomoto integration works only with selected gallery layouts in Pixpa.
Enable E-commerce in the Advanced options section. Save your settings.
7. You can test it by opening your website. the galleries that you have made ecommerce-enabled should have a “Buy” icon in the toolbar. Click the ‘Buy’ button to check if Fotomoto is working.
What happens when people buy photos?
Pixpa supports the Auto-Pickup feature of Fotomoto. When an order comes in. Pixpa passes the name of the original file onto Fotomoto which can then download the original, high-resolution file from the auto-pickup location that you would have specified in your Fotomoto account. For more information on Fotomoto Auto-pickup, click here.
If you are not using the Fotomoto’s Auto-pickup feature, then:
When a customer clicks on the “Buy Now” button and completes an order, you will receive an email with the order information and be prompted to upload the high-resolution image to your Fotomoto account so that Fotomoto can process the order. You do NOT have to upload any high-res images before making a sale.
You can find much more info at www.fotomoto.com.
For tutorials and help, visit http://support.fotomoto.com/
If the ‘Buy’ button does not work make sure you:
2. Be sure you’ve configured the right Primary or Alternate Site address in your Fotomoto settings (Site -> Settings). This must be the exact site address of your Pixpa website.