Pixpa enables you to create three types of Discount coupons:
- Percentage Discount: Enables you to apply a percentage based discount on the Cart Subtotal (total price of products in the cart).
- Flat Rate Discount: Allows you to create a discount code that reduces the cart total by a fixed amount. Note that fixed amount discount cannot be more than the cart subtotal (total price of products in the cart).
- Shipping Discount: Allows you to create a discount coupon that remove the shipping charges from the cart.
To create discount codes
- Go to the Store section
- In the Store section, click on the discount coupons link on left hand side. On this page, you would see the listing of all the coupons.
- You can also edit (1) or Delete (2) any existing coupon code on this page.
- On the discount page, Click on Add discount coupon button to create a new discount code.
On clicking Add discount coupon button, This will take to you to the discount coupon creation page. See the screenshot below to learn how to setup a discount code:
- Discount Title: Give a descriptive name to your discount coupon
- Discount Code: Specify the coupon code here. This is the code that your store visitors will put in the checkout page to get the discount. Note that discount coupons are not case-sensitive – which means BLACK50 is the same as black50.
- Make Coupon Active: Enable to make coupon active. Disabled discount coupon cannot be applied at checkout.
- Discount Type: Choose whether you want your discount coupon to give a Flat Discount or a Percentage Discount or Free shipping Discount. Specify the amount of discount you are offering. In order to create 100% coupon code add 100.
- Validity period – From: Define the time period (date) for which the discount code would stay active from.
- Validity period – To: Define the time period (date) for which the discount code would stay active to.
- Never Expires: If you do not want to specify any end date, Click on it. Particular coupon code would stay active always.
- Save your changes