You can easily add product categories to your store to structure and filter your product catalog from here.
To add a product category, follow these steps:
- Go to the Ecommerce section.
- In this section, click on the categories menu on the left-hand side. On this page, you would see the list of all the categories that already exist and the option to create a new category as well.
From here, you can:
- View the category page on your live website
- Edit a category
- Delete a category
- Add a new category
To create a new category
Click on + Add Category button on right top. Here, fill up the following fields to create your product category:
Let’s talk about each step in detail:
- Category Title: The name for your product category
- Show category in store: Enable this option to show this category on your store.
- Thumbnail Image –
- Date: Categories get sequenced by the date of their creation.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Specify SEO metadata for this category. It will override the site’s main SEO data, specified in the website settings section. Know more.
- Page URL – Manage the URL for this category. This is automatically created based on your Gallery Title but you can customize it as well.
- Hide this page from search engines – Enable this button to hide this category from the search engine.
- Page Title –
- Page Description –
- Delete – Delete a category by clicking on this button.
- View – Click here to see this category on your live site.
- Save – Click at the Save button at the top right corner of the screen to save all your edits.
- Banner – Used to show a full-width banner on the top or bottom of the category. Know more.