Pixpa has an extremely flexible and versatile method of enabling you to filter products and assign them to categories. This is done by using keywords which we call Tags.
Add tags to the products
- Go to the Store section
- In the Store section, click on the products link on left hand side. On this page, you would see the listing of all the products. Click on any product now.
- On the product edit page, you would see the tags option on right side.
Add your tags separated by comma here. You can add multiple tags to any product. As you start typing, you would see the list of earlier used tags as well. You can add multiple tags to any product.
Assigning products to categories using tags:
- Go to the Store section.
- In the Store section, click on the categories link on left hand side. On this page, you would see the listing of all the categories.
- You can edit the existing category or create a new category to include the new tags.
- Add the tag to category page now. All products which have that particular tag will automatically be assigned to this particular category. You can see the above step to know how to add tags in products.
- That’s it. Go to your store now. You would see the categories tab on product listing page.
Note: You can see all the categories and included tags in category listing page.
Here’s an example:
- There are two categories named Prints and Frames.
- Print category includes print tag and Frames category frames tag.
- All products which have the tag print, will automatically be assigned to print category and which have the tag frame, will automatically be assigned to Frames category.
This can be used in a number of ways. For example:
- You can add a tag Sale in some products and get a unique category URL which lists all products including the tag Sale in them. You can then add this link to your website menu using the Link menu item to stand out sale category.
- You can add a tag New Arrivals in all the new products and get a unique category URL which lists all products including the tag New Arrivals in them. You can then add this link to your website menu using the Link menu item.
As you can see, Tags provide a flexible way of filtering products and creating product listing links that can be included in your website menu and used to structure your store in any way you need.