With Pixpa store you can sell all three types of products – Physical, Digital, and Services.
- Go to the Ecommerce section
- You will be taken to the products link on the left-hand side. On this page, you would see the list of all the products that already exist.
From here, you can:
- Search your products by Title, Tags, and SKU.
- Sort your products based on Title, Price, Old to New or New to Old.
- Filter the products on category and product status basis.
- Select multiple or all your products to change the Status, Shipping Lists and Delete Products
- Product status as Active (Green dot), Hidden (Grey dot), or Coming soon (Yellow dot).
- Product type – Physical, Digital or Service.
- View a product on your live website.
- Edit a product. You may also just click on the product name.
- Duplicate a product
- Share a Product on the social media platform
- Delete a product
- Check Inventory and low on inventory.
- Search the products on title/tags/SKU basis
- Add a new product
To add a Digital Download
- Go to the Ecommerce section.
- In the Store section, click on the products link on the left-hand side.
- Click on the + Add Product button at the top right side of the screen. This opens a dropdown which lets you choose the product type that you want to add. Click on Digital Download now.
This will take you to the product creation/edit page. See screenshot and directions below:
- Title: The name of your product
- Product price: The default price of the base variant of your product. Is shown on the product listing page.
- Compare at price: Optional value to put your products on sale. Compare at price is the un-discounted price of the product and should always more than the product price.
- Product Description: Product description supports rich text and HTML so you can even embed a product video in the description if you want to.
- Images: Add up to 10 images for your product. You can drag-and-drop images to sequence them after you have added the images and saved the product. The first image in the sequence is taken as the default image for the product. See this article to learn more about how to add images to a product. Ideally, images should be JPEGs and around 1000 pixels width. Know more about ideal sizes.
- Visibility: Products can have 3 states (Active / Coming Soon / Hidden). Learn more about Product Status options.
- Categories: Select the category from the list to add this product to that particular category.
- Upload File: You can upload your digital assets (Sound, Images, audio, zip file, etc) up to a size of 1 GB. Click on the + Upload button to select the files in Add digital file for the download section.
- External File: You can also add your file link by clicking on the next tab to upload files to share that link to your buyers/users.
- Tags: Add tags to a product to assign them to a category. Tags can also be used to filter products. Learn more about how to use tags in products and categories.
- SKU: Add the stock keeping unit here, if any. (Optional)
- Manage Inventory: Manage the quantity of a particular digital product that is available for sale in your Pixpa store. Know more.
- License/Usage instructions: Include the license/usage instructions for this particular product here.
- SEO data – Specify SEO metadata for this particular product. It will override the site’s main SEO data, specified in the website settings section. Know more.
- Page URL – Manage the URL for this product. The URL slug is automatically generated using your product title. You can customize it as well.
- Page Title –
- Page Description –
- Delete – Used to delete this product.
- Save: Click on the Save button at the top right corner of the screen to update all the changes made on this page.
Checkout Process for digital product:
After placing the successful order, a customer will see the order success/thank-you page.
Customers can directly download the digital assets from the order page, only if the order is prepaid (i.e. those orders which are processed by PayPal, PayUMoney or Stripe payment gateway)
And If the order is processed by offline payments, then the customer would not be able to download the digital assets until you confirm the payment and set the order status as paid on the orders page.
Click on the particular order which you want to mark it as a paid order, after getting paid by the user.
Follow the image below to update from unpaid to paid in just 2 steps, Update Order Status (1) and then after click on Change Order Status (3), we’ll also send an email to your buyers also regarding this, if you don’t want to notify your buyers/users, simply uncheck Notify the customer by email (2).
Click here to see how to add service products.
Click here to see how to add physical products.