Adding a Dropdown link in the site navigation enables you to manage your site structure effectively by making several menu items appear as sub-links under the dropdown. This de-clutters the site’s primary navigations and adds logic and relevance to your website navigation.
For example, you can create a Projects drop-down and add all your projects galleries in the drop-down as show below.
In this article, we will discuss:
- How to add a drop-down link in the site navigation.
- How to add existing menu item to a drop-down
- How to add a new menu item to a drop-down
- How to Delete/hide a drop-down from site navigation
1. Add a Drop-down in site navigation
Go to website section first. You can any add content item to your website by clicking on the ✚ icon next to website navigation text.
This will open up a screen which lets you choose the different types of menu items that you can add to your website. Click on the Dropdown menu item.
Specify a link name for this dropdown.
That’s it. The Dropdown is added now. You would see this in your website navigation in the last. You can drag and drop the newly added dropdown to its correct position in the site navigation.
See this article on how to sequence links in site navigation.
2. Add existing menu item to this Drop-down:
You can add any menu item (excluding a Group and a Dropdown) to a drop-down. The root links will then become a part of the drop-down as its sub-links.
If you want to add existing menu item then just select the particular item and drag into the drop-down. Respective menu item will automatically move into the drop-down. Plus you can also sequence its position by drag-and-drop.
3. Add new menu item to this drop-down
You can add any menu item (excluding a Group and a Dropdown) to a drop-down. To add any new item simply click on ✚ icon next to drop-down name.
For example – Here we want to add a new project gallery in “Projects” dropdown.
On clicking the plus icon, you would see all menu items that can be added in this particular dropdown.
New menu item will be added in the last of your dropdown sub-links.
You can also add or remove and sequence any existing menu item into a drop-down, simply drag and drop it over the Drop-down’s row as shown below or vice-versa.
4. Delete/Hide dropdown from site navigation
- Go to the Website section
- Find the dropdown that you want to hide or delete from the navigation left column.
- Move your cursor to particular dropdown, you would see the three dots icon next to its name. Click on it.
- You would see the hide and delete option under the dropdown.
Note: On deleting the dropdown, all the sub-menu items also deleted.