We have updated the Stripe integration for Pixpa websites. This has been done as starting in September 2019, a new regulation called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) requires businesses in Europe to request additional customer authentication for online payments.
With this update, the Stripe integration with your Pixpa website now fully supports SCA—including exemption logic—and ensures that you only ask customers to provide additional authentication when strictly necessary.
Please test out your store by clicking on the Checkout button in your website to see if the new Stripe Checkout page is loading fine.
If you face any issue in making a successful payment using Stripe from your website, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure that your personal and business details are not incomplete in your Stripe account.
2. If your profile and business details are complete in Stripe, then re-authenticate your Stripe account in the Pixpa studio with the following steps:
– Go to the Payment Methods page for your store / client galleries / eCommerce galleries
– Disable the Stripe account
– Enable the Stripe account again by authenticating your Stripe account.
3. If you still face any issue, contact Stripe support directly. They will be able to access more details in your account and help you fix this issue.